All pieces of art have a story to tell. They have shared something special with the artist who created it. They have taken a part of his own reflection, his belief and his passion. Some pieces are accidental while some pieces are discussed and expected to be spontaneously spectacular.
While I was having the craft show, I wanted to make a few demo sample pieces of plaque works for people to be able to visualize how and where they can use my baby embellishments. Some of us are creatively challenged although I feel each one of us can create at some point or the other, with a little inspiration and alittle skill or taught techniques, it can be achieved easily.
This is a large piece of Plaster of Paris from the ceiling !!! Imagine that !!!!! With foil on one side and white embossed sheet on the other. I hope you got what I’m talking about ! What a joy such recycling projects are !
Long story short, I have a beautiful piece displaying how a mother can never tier of adoring all the tiny pieces of baby clothing and dresses, even in this miniature form. The two clothespin on the lower bottom right side are amazingly cute animals where a note or an envelope can be clipped to. Lots of diecuts have been used in shades of pink and blue, brown and patches of green too.
Now although this was supposed to be purely a display piece, one of my customers has been so insistent to buy it. Although I tried to put her off, what with the recycle issue with it, but she really seems to have a thing for this piece inspite of explaining it to her. She has called twice already !!
So anyways, this piece will stay with me for only 2 days more and then its going to adorn the mantle or shelf or wall in one very happy little girls home.
Amongst all the embellishments, I love the crocket bath robe the most, Its like so awesomely cute and beautifully made. And how cute is that little tag about the tiny feet in the crochet basket !!
Please do tell me which one of the gorgeous embellishments you liked the most. Enjoy the plaque.
I’d like to enter this plaque in several challenges and link parties as follows :
Anything Goes Challenge – 2W, 1E – #44 The Letter ‘D’
- Bearly Mine – 2W, 1E, SIO – #14 Anything Goes
- Everybody-Art-Challenge – #149 Use Shapes
- Try It On Tuesday – Flower Power
- Happileigh Scrappin – SIO – Frame it
- KB Cute Monday – Anything Goes
- Make it Monday– Anything Goes
- Stamps R Us – 2E – 2nd week – there was a little girl
- The Outlawz – Sentiment required – Anything Goes
- Craft Your Passion – Anything Goes
Dream Valley Challenges – 2W, 3E – 2nd week – Ribbon
One Stitch At A Time – Use a Digi ~ the sentiment on the tag is a digi stamp.
- Sentimental Sundays – must include a Sentiment
- Catch The Bug – 3E, SIO – Anything Goes
- Little Claire’s – 2W, 3E, SIO – #10 2nd W Pink & Brown
- One Stop Craft – #138 Make a Tag or include Tag in Project
- Paper Creator’s Crafts 2W, SIO, 3E. Special Occasion~baby’s birth is most special.
- Card and Scrap – 2W, posted on 1st and 15th – Use Punches/Dies
- Clearly Inspired – 2W, 1E, SIO – Punches, Die Cuts or Cut Outs.
- Digi’s With Attitude! – SIO – Anything goes challenge – will remain open for DT summer break
- Inspire Me Fridays – Always anything goes
- Stamp Something – Use a digi. The sentiment on the tag is a digi.
- Totally Papercrafts: diecut, embossing, ribbon.
- AiFactory – 1E, SIO – Use your favourite embellishment. the hangers are my favorite.
- Art Impressions Stamps Challenge – 1E, SIO – Distressing
- Digi Doodle Shop’s Best – SIO – Anything goes
- Forever Friends – M, SIO, must include an animal – a frog and a sheep in the clothespin
- Paper Play – 2E – Anything but a card.
- Shelly’s Images – SIO – Recycle/reuse. its a completed recycled project.
- Southern Girls – 2W, 1E – Childhood memories ~ all those tiny dresses open the flood gate of my boy’s baby days.
- Creative Belli – 2W – #120 the letter G (2nd wk) ~ green,
- Little Darlings Challenges – 2W, SIO – #2 favorite colors (2nd wk)
- My Mum’s Craft shop – 3E – #12 something old, something new
Here is the list of linking parties I am joining.
- The DIY showoff
- Be Colorful
- Between Naps on the Porch
- Blessed Little Nest
- Boogieboard Cottage
- Craft Couture
- Craft O Maniac
- Chocolate, Drool and Kisses
- Dittle Dattle
- Dittle Dazzle
- Embellishing Life
- Its a Blog Party
- Its so Very Cheri
- Inspire Me Monday @ Singing Three Little Birds
- Keeping it Simple
- Mad in Crafts
- Making the World Cuter
- Me Making Do
- Motivate Me Monday
- Marketplace Monday
- Making the World Cuter
- Making Monday Marvelous
- Ninth Street Notions
- Polly Want a Crafter
- Sew Can Do
- Sew Chatty
- Singing Three Little Birds
- Skip to my Lou
- Sumo’s Sweet Stuff
- Super Stinky Boys
- Texas Monkey
- The DIY Showoff
- The DIY Home Sweet Home
- The Girl Creative
- Until Wednesday Calls
- It’s so Very Cheri
Today’s Creative Blog
The Letter Cottage
Tutorials and Tips Tuesday
Funky Polkadot Giraffe
Little Birdie Told Me
Pink Hippo Party
It’s Sew for You
Reasons to Skip the Homework
DIY under $5~A Little Tipsy