Hi friends, How was the week end ? Hope everyone is enjoying the summers. I loved this weekend. After what seems like ages, we went to movies and saw Transformers. I really dig GM cars and I love how the entire transformaion process happens to the cars in the movie but the graphics and stunts in this transformers was simply “OUTSTANDING”
The boys enjoyed a good many hours at the Dubai Ski. They have a new super pass for dhs 200 each child, that entitles them to four of the more adventurous rides in addition to the regular snow park. I loved watching the boys going crazy in the snow when the temperature outside was 45 C ~ Yukh to that.
- Boys are amazing ~ they never tire ~ first they talk about whats going to happen in the movie endlessly, BEFORE we see the movie.
- Then they talk hours together about how the action scenes took place, how the helicopters fell, optimus prime, the kid etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc …… if you were actually counting those etcs then you know how annoying it can be when they go on and on and on …..
- The weird thing is …. while the movie was on ….. Their 3D glasses were glued to them and their heads in just one direction for the whole 2 hours !!! Not a word out of them !! ~~~~ While mom kept going,” wow”, “awesome”, “did you see that ???” “Holy moly, now whos going to save them”, “Oh fish, his arms gone …… ” Writing this right now, I know, they must feel the same way about me while they were excietedly watching the movie. Ok, I get it, Role reversals right ?? Ok Ok, I got it. I talk when they watch, they talk when I watch them !
Ok so lets get into what I have gotta share with you today ~~~~
This here, is a relatively simple plaque on foam board, with a simple message and two different period Moms. The office going/shopping away, confident mom dressed in bright summery colors while the other happy- at- home, super efficient homemaker, sewing away with all her worldly wisdom. Both with equally difficult and demanding jobs. Cooking, kids, office, deadlines etc. Not an easy task by any measure. Hence I really took to this sentiment.
Buttons for the homemaker and brads for the Career mom. Both the digistamps are from my friend Nikki from Melon Headz. Please remember to drop over at her site to pick some out-of-the-world free digital stamps. The sentiment on the die cut is also digital stamp, however, unfortunetly, I dont recall, whom does it belong to.
Love the check base DP ~ love the colors used in this project ~ truly timeless. The ribbon is satin.
Here is the wall hanging.
I am linking this plaque to the following challenges and linking parties :
Crazy Challenge – 2E – Sumemertime
- Creative Stamp Friends – 2W – Summer
- DDH Challenges – 2W – Summer
- Daisy Doodles Creative Challenge – 2W, 2E, SIO – 2nd week – Summer Doodles
- Karens Doodles – 1E, SIO – Summer Fun
- KB Cute Monday – Something Cute
- Make it Monday – Anything goes
- Paper Playtime – 2W – Summer
- Stamping Scrapping Central – 2W, 1E– 2nd week – Simple
- Hooked on Crafts – 2W, SIO – With love
- Paper Playtime – 2W– Summer
- Dream Valley Challenges – 2W, 3E – Summer theme
- Kenny K Krafty Girlz – 1E, SIO – Anything goes and blog hop
- One Stitch At A Time – Anything Goes
- 2 Sisters – #447 Summer Fun
- Digi’s With Attitude! – SIO – anything goes challenge – will remain open for DT summer break
- Fun with Shapes & More – 2W, JFF, must include die cut/punch – .2nd Week – everything but a card
- Inspire Me Fridays – always anything goes
- Phindy’s Place – 3E, SIO – buttons
- Sew Many Cards – SIO – recipe: blue; ribbon; die cut; 3 round buttons
- The Outlawz Copic Challenge –1E, must use Copic/Promarkers
- Aud Sentiments Challenge – 2W– 2nd week – Sentiment with at least two words
- Little Miss Muffet Challenges – 2W, 1E, SIO – 2nd week – Anthing but a card
- Shelly’s Images – SIO – 3 of the following: punches, ribbon, digi images.
- Stamp Insanity – SIO – Anything goes
- Divas by Design – 2W, 2E – #5 die cuts/punches (2nd wk)
- Bearly Mine – 2W, 1E, SIO – #14 Anything Goes
- Paper Take Weekly – Anything Goes with Optional Use Buttons
The DIY Home Sweet Home
It’s so Very Cheri
Me Making Do
Making the World Cuter
Skip to my Lou
Motivate Me Monday
Polly Want a Crafter
Chocolate, Drool and Kisses
Make it for Less Monday’s
Today’s Creative Blog
House of Grace~ Twice Owned Tuesdays
Tutorials and Tips Tuesday