Hello friends !
Pinerest is my best friend !!!! Yeah ~ I know what you’re thinking ! ! But the honest truth is that I can spend a great many hours browsing from one link to another, pinning as I go along. Feeling cheerful just sharing some of the pins ~ and feeling so inspired when I read some of the talented ladies writing something like, “If I can do it, surely so can you” !!! It is just a crafters haven, I tell you. Its as though, one can virtually get lost in the hoards and hoards of pins and excieting projects !! Why would’nt it be my best friend !
Oh and BTW if your looking for my pin account, here it is :- http://pinterest.com/doodlebuddies/ and NO ~ Pinterest did not pay me to write about them !!!
Somewhere, last August, I was so inspired by some of the gorgeous wood projects on blocks on Pinerest , that I decided to give it a try. Armed with some deadly arsenal of power tools, I made my way back from ACE hardware and started collecting pieces of wood and MDF. It didnt take long before an entire corner in the courtyard was home to a huge pile of wood, wooden planks and left overs. (much to DH’s annoyance)
Today I am sharing with you a rather simple project of wooden blocks which are cut into small chunks using my jigsaw, sanded using the electric sander (as I call it 🙂 ), some paint layers and some modge podge over pieces of scrapbook paper, alphabet diecuts from my revolution and the sentiment for the the definition of family is done by my loyal printer ! The ribbon finalized the look. Voila !!!
Honestly, now that the weather, is getting better, I hope to venture out in the courtyard and try my cutting and sanding skills more. This is really a very easy project but it does take up a large amount of time, becoz there is a waiting period between each paint coat and even between the modge podge coats. The rest is pretty much simple. I have really enjoyed designing this project. It felt so lovely when I had it homed on the mantle above the TV for Eid and almost everyone who came home asked me where I “BOUGHT” it from !!!! 🙂 (huge smile here) (DH is relieved that those heaps of wooden planks are being used)
Like so many of my creative friends have said, if I can do it, so can you.
Pinerest and this entire blog world has made me realize that there are so many creative avenues just waiting for me to make a claim at them. I never thought in my wildest dreams that I could have anything to do with wood and yet, I am trying and gladly getting there !! so can you !!!!!
Please share with me if you too have been inspired to try out something “out of the usual” ~ reaching away from your comfort zone.
I would love to share my new project with the following parties :-
Whatever You Want Wednesday
DIY by Design
My Girlish Whims
What I Whipped up Wednesdays~Sugar and Dots
Suzy’s Artsy Craftsy
DIY Thrifty Thursdays
Time Travel Thursday
Catch A Glimpse
- Whimsy Inspiration – 3E, SIO – #53 anything goes (ends Oct 10)
- Divas by Design – 2E – #55 Texture
- Craft Room Challenge – 2W, 3E – Alter It (Week 1)
- Crazy Amigo Challenge -Anything But A Card (Week 2)
- Papertake Weekly -Anything Goes + optional Celebrate
- Through The Craft Room Door 3E – Alway’s Anything Goes!
- Tuesday Alchemy -Anything But A Card Or Tag!
- Use It Tuesdays – 2W, must use hoarded supply’s ( blocks of wood from left over planks)
- 365 Cards – a daily challenge – Clean and Simple “Non-Card”
- Craft My Life – anything but card/layouts – every time “Show what can you create”
- Crafty Bloggers Network – M, SIO – (Oct) Anything Goes
- Forever Friends – 2W – (1st week) Anything Goes
- Lollipop Crafts – 2W – (1st week) Something Old, Something New (see blog)
- Make it Monday – always Anything Goes
- MyGrafico – 2W, SIO – (1st week) Anything Goes(ends 19th Oct)
- Totally Stampalicious – SIO – Anything Goes
- Unstampabelles – M, 3E, no stamps allowed – (Oct) Recycling or Repurposing
- Amusing Challenges – 2E, No Digi – Anything Goes
- Creative Inspirations Paint – 1E, SIO – Anything Goes
- Fashionable Stamping Challenges – 3E, 2W, no digi allowed – (2nd week) Alter Something
- Outlawz challenge – must be CAS – Anything Goes
- PanPastel UK Challenge – 1E, SIO – All About Sentiment/Verse