However, Dubai is alot more than a desert kingdom with outrageously magnificent structures. It is not reserved exclusively for the rich & famous, or the exuberant tourist. It is a city which beautifully caters to the needs and aspirations of its local and expat population.
Not every family can enjoy the luxury of shopping at world class malls, cinemas, golf courses or museums. And hence we scoured deeper to find 10 fantastic places where families can enjoy the lovely weather outdoors with some sightseeing, perhaps a barbecue or a fabulous picnic by the lake.
After enduring the sweltering summer here in the UAE, it’s finally safe to step outdoors once again !!
Here are our 10 picks of the places to visit in Dubai FOR FREE !!
- Dubai Creek Harbor – The best fun-filled family destination in town, DCH features a showcase of live performances, unique food concepts, workshops, kids activities and a varied pop up market. For more : https://risedubaicreekharbour.com/
- Al Qudra Lake – Al Qudra Lake is a man-made lake in the middle of Saih Al Salam Desert and Bab Al Shams in Dubai, UAE. It is the home of local trees and almost hundred species of migratory birds, ducks, swans and flamingoes.
- The Yard – http://www.meraas.com/news/the-yard/ An eclectic new lakefront destination in Dubai’s rapidly developing Al Khawaneej area. The suburban hideaway encompasses Last Exit D89. An exciting family-friendly destination blending rural farm environment with urban accents. The Yard has a distinctive visual identity with playful murals that provide an ideal backdrop for photographs. An 18-metre-tall windmill, a water mill, a wishing well, a Promise Bridge, decorative vintage pick-up trucks, farm animals and bird houses further augment the photogenic appeal of the destination.
- Al Barsha pond park -Al Barsha Pond Park sits around the perimeter of a large 50 acre man-made pond with activities for the entire family. There is a jogging and cycling track along with beautiful play area for children. Cycles and boats are available for rent at reasonable prices. The most ideal place for families to spend few hours in this beautiful, serene, quite park in the middle of fast paced Dubai.. Al Barsha Pond Park has all facilities such as a restaurant, clean toilets, mosque, some food and ice cream booths. Even on weekends the Park is not annoyingly crowded. Most of all entry to the Park is absolutely FREE !!! The evening Ripe Market makes this a top attraction with crafts and delicious foods, every Saturday.
- Kite Beach – http://www.kitebeach.ae/ While the entire coastline between Jumeirah Open Beach and Umm Suqeim/Sunset Beach was being revamped, with the addition of new jogging and walking tracks, showers, toilets and kiosks as part of the 18km Dubai Corniche project, this particular segment got special attention. Now beach tennis, volleyball and watersports (including an inflatable assault course on the sea), plus soapy soccer are organized at intervals throughout the year. There’s a small precinct of cafés, a scattering of food trucks, Wire world adventure park and XDubai skatepark.
- Dubai Canal – With the Dubai Canal, the city has developed one of the more stunning examples of urban development–a pedestrian friendly retreat from the hot weather and the concrete jungle. Whats more ? Along its path is free WiFi, and stations with USB ports to charge smartphones. It’s as if Dubai designed a public park for the selfie-obsessed social media generation.
- Horse Race at Meydan – The race season will continue till 31st March 2018. It is one of the most spectacular race courses in the Gulf with exceptional dining and entertainment packages. There is a general admission section too, which is FREE !! This free admission area gives access to a limited section within the Meydan Grandstand with a large number of Grandstand seats available boasting excellent views. With sufficient room on the vast apron area between the track and the Grandstand, visitors on the sides of the apron can get a close view of the thoroughbreds in the Parade Ring, before and after the race.
- Bird watching at Ras Al khor wild life Sanctuary – http://wildlife-ae.herokuapp.com/ Dubai is not just a desirable hotspot for millions of tourists each year — it’s the destination of choice for tens of thousands of migrating birds. In the wetlands, just metres away from the busy city, you’ll find the Ras Al Khor Wildlife Sanctuary. Please visit the above website and book online.
- Al Serkal Art Avenue – http://alserkalavenue.ae/en/index.php In a world obsessed with technological advancement, it’s worth making some time to simply appreciate local and regional art initiatives, artists, art galleries, creatives. It is a place where one can engage with the cultural content.
- Dubai Fountain. Choreographed to music, the Dubai Fountain also known as the Dancing fountain, shoots water as high as 500 feet –that’s as high as a 50-story building !! The Dancing Fountain performances occur daily in the evening, from 6:30, every half an hour, on the 30-acre Burj Khalifa Lake. The best show would have to be the 8:00 pm one. There is a light show as well. The Dancing fountains synchronize to light and music, some classical, some pop and some Arabic. Its definitely worth watching this phenomenal event. To make the experience even better, the organizers have set up a fountain broadwalk to take you closer than ever to the fountain. A brand new floating platform located within the fountain pool area will give the audience a whole new perspective of the captivating performances. That is chargeable ofcourse.
So there you have it. 10 Places to visit, picnic or rest out, with your family or friends in Dubai FOR FREE !!
There are some more places where you could have long walks, chill out over some coffee or just drive through. However, since they are not ideal for a picnic spot, or a family gathering and are focused more on shopping, they have not been included in the above list.
Cornish of Atlantis Hotel
I hope this list benefits you.
*** If there is one request I have, it is that we should be conscious of our environment. Picnics and outdoor parties are great but leaving your trash behind is not. Please remember to carry a bag to collect all your trash and dispose it responsibly. ***
*** Please remember – Our children learn from us, they are watching us and will imitate us. We have to demonstrate to them how to be responsible and environmentally aware individuals. ***
*** Please adhere to notice boards that state, what is forbidden and where. eg, barbecue fires close to a pond which can damage the flora and fauna in and around the pond. ***
I’m sharing this post with my friends at the following parties :-
- Inspire me Monday – Domestically Speaking
- WINED WEDNESDAY
- WOW ME WEDNESDAY
- TAG BLOG HOP
- LINK WEDNESDAY
- BLOGGING WEEK 36 FOR THE LOVE OF BLOG
- BREAK THRU LINK UP
- HOMEMAKING LINK UP
- WISE WOMAN LINK
- YOUR WHIMS WEDNESDAY
- Wow Me Wednesday – Gingersnap Crafts
- FUNKY POLKA DOT GIRAFFE
- I Am Pinnable – Snapshots and Snippets
- Wonderful Wednesday – Oh My Heartsie Girl
- Wonderful Wednesday – @ Turnips 2 tangerines
- Work It Wednesday – The Happy Housie
- Creative Ways Link Party – Posed Perfection
- A Little Bird Told Me – Life of Jennifer Dawn
- Share Your Style – The Vintage Nest Blog
- Waste Not Wednesday – Raggedy Bits
- The Creative Exchange – Summer Scraps
- Fabulous Features – A Glimpse Inside
- 21 Rosemary Lane
- My love to create
- Inspiration Gallery Link Party – Design, Dining, and Diapers
- Home Matters – Life with Lorelai
- I’m Loving It – Tidy Mom
- Home & Garden Thursday – A Delightsome Life
- Share Your Cup Thursday – Have A Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson
- Artsy-Fartsy Mama (diy, crafts, recipes)
- Apron strings and other things
- Classical homemaking
- The Squishable Baby
- Katherine’s Corner
- Life as we know it by Paula
- Pearl Street design
- Healthy and Happy link party
- Creatively Crafty link party
- No Rules weekend blog party @ Sincerely Paula
- Take it on Tuesday @ Romance on a dime
- Its a party @ A creative Princess
- Showing off @ Sugar Bee Crafts
- Create it Thursday @ Lamberts Lately
- The homemaking party @ Hope in every season
- Under $100 party @ Beyond the picket fence
- Pin it Thursday @ sweet bella roos
- The project stash @ 4you with love
- The project stash link party @7alive
- Thirsty Thursday @ Obviously marvellous
- The Crafty Blog Stalker, Blog Stalking Thursday
- Becoming Martha, Keep Clam & Link Up
- Reasons to Skip the Housework, The Weekly Creative Link Party
- Power of Paint party @ Domestically speaking
- Party Time at The 36th Avenue
- Transformation Thursday at The Shabby Creek Cottage,
- Talkin’ about Thursday at Designed Decor,
- The Inspiration Gallery at Craftberry Bush,
- Made U Look Linky at Made in a Day,
- Catch as Catch Can at My Repurposed Life,
- Catch a Glimpse Party at A Glimpse Inside,
- What To Do Weekends at Crafts a la Mode
- Treasure Hunt Thursdays ~ From my front porch to yours.
- Grace at Home Party @ Imparting grace
- Artsy fartsy sitcom
- Get Your Brag On;
- Things I’ve Done;
- Artsy Corner link party @ Artsy Corner,
- Linky Party DIY Inspired – The Girl Creative
- Be Inspired @ Common Ground
- Anything Goes @ Bacon time with the hungry hypo
- Shabbilicious Friday Link Party @ Shabby Art Boutique
- Feathered Nest Friday @ French Country Cottage
- Creatively Made Friday
- Happy-Go-Lucky, Shine on Friday
- Thrifty Things Friday @ The Thrifty Groove
- Friendship Friday @ Create with Joy
- Home Sweet Home @ The charm of home
- Fabulously Creative Friday @ Jennifer Rizzo
- Friday Pin Fest @ A peek into my paradise
- bloglovin blog hop @ Sew Crafty Angel
- Lets connect social media round up blog hop @ Life on Lakeshore Drive
- The inspiration Gallery @ The Craftberry Bush
- Favorite Fridays @ I’m not a trophy wife
- WOWZA Weekend link party @ My love 2 create
- Simply Creations Link Party at My Simple Homelife,
- Furniture Feature Friday at Miss Mustard Seed,
- Inspire Me Please Link Party at Liz Marie Blog,
- Frugal Friday at The Shabby Nest,
- What Have You Redone at Redoux Interiors,
- Simple and Sweet Fridays at Rooted inThyme,
- Frugalicious Friday at Finding Fabulous,
- Show and Tell Friday at Romantic Home,
- Junkin’ Joe Vintage and Thrifty Finds at The Cottage Market,
- Weekend Wrap-Up Party at Tatertots and Jello,
- Tickled Pink at 504 Main,
- Anything Blue Friday at The Dedicated House,
- Rustic Restorations Weekend Link Party at Homespun Happenings,
- Great Idea Thursdays at A Handful of Everything,
- Fun Friday blog hop @ The pink momma
- Freedom Fridays @ My turn for us
- The weekend retreat @ the best blog recipes
Thank you for visiting me today. Have a lovely day and be sure to subscribe to my blog (top right column)and my instagram here.
Alternatively you can ‘like’ or ‘join’ me on the various platforms below 🙂