Wow ! Its been such a ” creatively productive” weekend.
On Friday I visited the Arte Fair at the Times Square and it was such a joy seeing some familiar faces and lots of handmade crafts. I will be filling you’ll with all the exciting and gorgeous craft wares in another post.
And the other thing was that I managed to design 5 new cards. I gathered exactly what I needed for various challenges and made a new attempt at leaving a few elements for each new sketch. So that the cards entered more challenges and got better response from all my crafting ‘sistahs’ !
I cannot begin to tell you, how encouraging your kind comments are. I really look forward to switching on my laptop first thing after waking up to see who has what to say about one of my cards. It is such a joy and makes you want to design more creatively and experiment more. Thank you again gals coz knowing you really mean what you say is all the support I need.
oK, back to the Golfer Card.
The first card for today is naturally as the title says it all, for the golfer man. I have deliberately used only two base colors ~ Black and green. Embossed the green cardstock, made a tag, a couple of buttons and a couple of brads. Although the sentiment is rubberstamped, the golf bag is a digital stamp which has only been slightly colored.
Cards for men is almost always an issue, colors as well as embellishments are so limited. Then again, there are fewer stamps to cater for men than women. I found a site which had a dozen good digital stamps ~ get this ~ FOR FREE !!!! Naturally I grabbed most of them. The golf bag is one of them. It is such a relief to have such ones, or else there are those with guys in cars or rollerskates or skiing or surfing. This one is a total savior !!!! I am using it for the first time. Hope you guys like it too.
Have used the corner punches after soooo long ! And exactly as per my compulsive habit, I used it for another two cards too !!! All in all, I feel this card could make one golf fan or player very happy for his birthday. What would you say ??
Here’s the card and following the images, I have mentioned all the challenges it qualifies.
Ok and the Challenges this card applies to are :
- Digi’s With Attitude! – green, black
- Fairy Fun Fridays (2 weeks) – happy birthday
- Stamp Man (2 weeks) – distressing
- Stamp Something – anything goes (using a rubber stamp)
- Stampin With The Dragon (2nd week) – for that special “stud”
- Totally Papercrafts – birthday
- Cute Card Thursday – monochrome
- Paper Romance – birthday card for a male
- Paper Crafting Journey – (2nd week) use a digi
- Some Odd Girl (2 weeks) – embossing
- Pollycraft – New Things (digi)
- Kaboodle Doodles – Do it with Digis
- Creative Cowgirls – Something New (digi)
- Stampin’ B’s – use a die cut
- Top tip Tuesday(Tue): Anything goes
- One Stop Craft – card for a male
- Craft Your Days Away – anything goes
- Do You Stack Up? – distress it