This post is in continuation with the ” Green Christmas – Zero Waste initiative” , that I am participating in.
I am sharing a dozen plus ideas to recycle, upcycle and repurpose regular items to make Christmas tree ornaments. Several designs were made from the humble plastic bottle.
Please visit here to view the ‘Green’ Christmas light invention !!
- you can use lids from Pringles – cut star shapes and get the children to use sharpies to color them or even add some glitter to them.
- Lids from mason jars, jam jars can be spray painted with merry colors to hang on the tree.
- Glue three cotton balls to a clothespin – a black felt hat, two goggly eyes, and a tiny orange nose – and we have a snowman ready !
- Cut a small piece of cardboard from cereal box in a triangular shape and wrap some green yarn around it ! Hang it with a bell.
- Pipe cleaners can be tied at one end to form a wreath shape and hung on the tree.
- Children can have hours of fun designing ornaments with ‘Salt Dough’ too.
Do you design some ornaments and Christmas decorations at home with your kids ? Or do you only buy them ?
Please drop in a line to tell me if and how, you liked these easy and fun creations.
Recycled objects :-
- Empty Mountain dew plastic bottle
- Bottle lids
- Wooden discs from a dead tree trunk.
- Scrapbook paper
I am sharing this post with my lovely blog friends here.
Thank you for visiting me today.
Have a lovely day and please subscribe to my blog (top right column)
I’d love if you could connect with me at :-
Doodle Buddies @Facebook
Doodle Buddies @Pinterest